October 1, 2022
RE: Castor West Solar Project
Sky Sustainable and Green Energy Corp is proposing to construct a solar energy facility with 47 megawatts of total generating capacity (the “Project”). The Project area is approximately 2 km west of the Town of Castor on privately owned land. The Project would generate enough renewable energy to offset approximately 55,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions, or enough to power over 14,000 homes.
Project Information Package
Included with this letter are documents that provide additional information about the Project including:
– a newsletter with greater detail about the proposed project;
– a site-specific map which includes the location of key infrastructure components;
– a regional map showing the proposed connection to the electrical grid;
– a map showing the results of our sound assessment; and
– a brochure published by the Alberta Utilities Commission outlining the public involvement process for utility developments.
Community Open House
We will be hosting a community open house on November 23, 2022, and we invite you to attend. Light refreshments will be available.
West Castor Solar Project Open House November 23, 2022
|Castor Community Hall, 4912 – 49 Ave, Castor, AB
|5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
If you are not able to attend but would like some additional information, please contact our team member the number listed below. Please also visit our project website for more information – www.castorwestsolar.ca.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on November 23rd.